Verify your link exchange partnerSaturday, August 25th, 2007 in Tools of the trade
This SEO thing is a pain in the @$$ sometimes. You work and try to find good partners with good page rank to help your domain rank higher and in exchange for a link on his website, you put one of his on yours.
For that particular reason I started the development of a tool I called backlink verifier. For now, what it does is simply crawl your partner’s page that you specify and search for your domain in all the links available on that particular page and when it finds it it checks whether your link has a nofollow attribute on it or not. Simple, no pain, no source code for you to search into. It will also display the number of links available on page, how many are outbound links and how many nofollow links are on the page.
If this tool will provide itself useful, I will develop it further so please feel free to comment on this article any problems, wishes or things you think it should do.
As a future development “to do” list, I have in mind the following:
- display outbound links available on partner’s webpage
- user accounts so that you simply log in and start testing all addresses you added to your accound
- crawling at least 2 levels deep on your partner’s webpage (for now it only crawls the address you insert)
- cronjob that will e-mail you if one of your links gets changed / is removed
- listing of the title text used on your link
Again, you can find the backlink verifier tool here.